Translate

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Laura Simms Master Storyteller

Storytelling is one of mankind's oldest living arts. Imagine our ancestors sitting around the camp fire talking about the successful hunt or the escape from being hunted or describing their dreams and the other adventures in their lives. Even though we have gone electronic just about everything we do still involves similar stories usually with heroes, villains, challenges and drama.

I never thought of storytelling as an art until I attended a storytelling conference and heard Laura Simms perform. She is definitely a gifted performer. Since then Laura has become a master storyteller performing traditional stories interwoven with personal narratives for adults and families throughout the world.

She has also offered master classes for those interested in developing the craft of storytelling. I remember once she had organized a trip to explore and hear the stories of Morocco. It sounded so exotic and fascinating to me, and was at the top of my wish list. Unfortunately, I was not able to go. Now she is offering The Storytelling Mentorship Program which is described as a storytelling journey. She will help individuals prepare and develop a "traditional" story of their choice. So now I have something else to add to my wish list. To find out more about her workshops and see her perform visit her website at www.laurasimms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment